April 13, 2006

Wanted: One Treadmill

I know that it's spring and the weather's getting nice, but if there's one thing that I think would help my running, it's a treadmill. If nothing else, it would allow me to be home and available if needed, but still run. I think it would be especially useful in the evenings to get in some doubles or on the weekends so I could run while the kids nap. I prefer running outside, but I'd run on the treadmill instead of not run at all.

My running has been inconsistent this week. Monday, B was up as I was getting ready to run. He had a cold and was having some trouble breathing through his nose while he slept. J had already been up with him, so I rocked him and put him back to sleep. I was tired to begin with, and I guess all the rocking made me more tired, so I went back to bed. Tuesday and Wednesday were my standard-of-late 10 mile days, and then this morning was another day off. I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I get up at 4:30 to run so I don't leave too late for work. This morning I got up, got dressed, checked on the kids, and then decided to sleep. I haven't been sleeping as much as I'd like lately, and as I was walking around this morning I was tired enough that I felt like I was going to fall over asleep. So I decided that sleep was the better option this morning. Maybe I'll get out this evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about B. Ditching out for a run when a kid is sick just isn't worth the guilt and bad vibrations. I know just what you mean about the rocking tiring you out. Our son would often get up and want to eat just when I got up to run. After feeding him and rocking in the dark the last thing I wanted to do was head out into the cold, dark morning for some miles. Back under the covers is always more appealing.

Anonymous said...

My consistent increase tremendously after we got a treadmill. It helps that my wife walks on it nearly every day. So it's not just for me.