October 11, 2007

An Overdue Update

Since the 20-mile race, training has been going well. It took me a few days to recover after the race, but by Thursday of last week I felt good enough to attempt a workout. The workout was 2 x 1 mile, 4 miles steady, and then 1 x 1 mile. I ran two miles over to the track to warm up and then ran the first mile in 7:12. I rested for a minute, and then ran the second mile in 7:05. I ran the four miles, and then I was back at the track for the last mile, which I ran in 6:46. Friday and Saturday were seven and ten miles respectively, and I ended with 74 miles for the week.

J ran the Army 10-Miler this past Sunday, so rather than try to coordinate a long run Sunday I moved it to Monday, which I had off for Columbus Day. I ran eighteen miles, and while it wasn't terrible it certainly wasn't great either. Tuesday I ran eight miles and yesterday ten, and this morning I had planned on a tempo run. However, I had also planned on going to bed early since I was pretty tired, but that didn't happen. I was exhausted when I woke up this morning, and I reset my alarm so I could get some more sleep. I got up in time for just an easy three miles.

If I run a good marathon in Richmond, I think one big factor will be my consistency. It's now been over a month since the last day I didn't run. I've also been running good mileage over the past month, with long runs of 16, 17, 21, and 18 miles. I'm excited to see what I can do November 10.

No comments: