January 06, 2011

I Wouldn't Call it a Comeback Yet

2010 was not a good year for running. Nothing extremely bad happened, but I struggled with consistency for pretty much the whole year. Emily, our fourth child but first girl, was born in September and while having a new baby is wonderful it doesn't help your running.

During the last few days of 2010 I was thinking that I don't want another year like it. I want to be running consistently. So I started getting up and getting out the door. Now we're into 2011 and I've got a little streak going that I don't want to break yet. It's remarkable how hard it can be to get started again once you've stopped, but also how easy it can be to keep going once you get some momentum.

In non-running news, we've started to put some plans together for some house reservations. We want to replace the flooring on the first floor as well as renovate the kitchen. While this will make the house nicer, we're really renovating to sell. Having four small children in a townhouse is workable, but not ideal. We'd really like something bigger as well as unattached to our neighbors.

No comments: