August 18, 2013

Restart

I haven't been running much lately, and I've become more and more disappointed about it, so I decided to hit the restart button and try to get going again. We got back last night from HHI (it's amazing how much time traffic and the necessary stops when you travel with five children can add to a trip). I ran three miles this morning.

Congratulations to Matt Centrowitz, Brenda Martinez, and all the other American athletes who won medals at Worlds this past week. I did get tired of seeing all the news about the LGBT controversy though. I'm tired of hearing about how we should all just think it's ok and move on, and when Nick Symmonds expresses his opinions he's a hero but when Yelena Isinbayeva says the opposite she's the devil.

I'm hoping to get the consistency going and maybe actually run a race. It's been too long.

No comments: