November 27, 2004

Thanksgiving

Prologue: I'm still around, and hopefully will be blogging more regularly.

Thanksgiving has always been the bigger of the two end-of-the-year holidays for my family. Almost all of my family members from out of town (a group which now includes me) come to Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving dinner. Thanksgiving wasn't going to be quite as big this year since some of my relatives who usually attend weren't this year, but Thanksgiving morning the holiday got even smaller. My grandmother, along with most of the members of my aunt's family had come down with the stomach flu. Thanksgiving was scheduled for my grandmother's but was hastily rescheduled for the healthy members of my family at my parent's. We lost more relatives when another of my aunts decided not to bring her family, due to her fear of getting sick, despite the fact that everyone attending was well.

I ran my traditional race Thanksgiving morning. I finished 35th in the five mile race in a time of 31:07. Given the windy conditions, I'm pleased with the race.

One of the things I like about visiting home is the opportunity to run on some trails. There's one a half-mile away from my house and another about two miles away. It's a nice change of pace from all the running on the roads I do at home.

No comments: