November 02, 2004

Training Update

It's been a little while since I've updated, but I've still been running. I'm working on getting my mileage up to build a good base over the winter. My last two weeks have been 37 and 50 miles, and I should be around 60 miles this week.

This past Saturday I attended the ACC XC Championships at the University of Maryland. It was fun to watch, and I ran into a friend of mine from high school who now runs for Duke. She's a grad student there in her last year of eligibility for cross. She didn't run Saturday, though, because she was injured. She's had a few injury problems over the last year or two.

I did vote today, and luckily it didn't take as long as it did for some of my friends. I was in line a few minutes before the polls opened at six this morning. It took 20 minutes for me to go through the line and vote, but some of my friends (who vote at other locations) waited up to two hours.

No comments: