October 25, 2004

Mediocre

That's about how I'd describe my race Saturday morning. On a basically pancake flat course I managed an 18:51 5k.

My work week didn't come to a good end, which didn't help things with the race. I tried to leave early Thursday so I could get my run in before I went out to dinner, but I was held up half an hour taking care of a job that had to deliver the next day. Apparently planning ahead is not one of the National Park Services strengths; they didn't realize until Thursday that for a White House grounds tour on Sunday it might be helpful to put up a few signs.

I stayed an hour late on Friday waiting for tracking numbers that I couldn't even get until Monday morning because the person I usually deal with had left and no one else could help me. I did ask someone else for help, but he couldn't get me the information. And I know I told the agency the job would ship Friday, not that it would arrive Friday.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Hi Brian,

6:05 pace isn't too bad. I have an invisible "wall" around this pace that makes it hard to hurdle. I think I am gradually chipping away at this. What's your "good" time? Reading some of your posts, I think we run at similar levels. What are your goals? I basically train for marathons and run the shorter races to help with this goal (and to get out & see my running friends). I'll be running a 5k on 11/11 in Augusta, ME. I am curious about my time as I am just coming out of marathon recovery week... Anyway, good job on the 18:51!