October 05, 2004

Back to It

After the pain in my knee came up, I took most of last week off to see if it would heal. I iced and took some drugs, and my knee felt better, but not completely healed. Saturday and Sunday I ran with Puff, and while there was still pain in my knee, it felt better as I loosened up. The same thing happened yesterday when I ran by myself, and even running some laps around the soccer field to run on grass didn't seem to make a difference. I think strenghtening my quads will help my knee, so I'm going to do some quad exercises a few times a week.

The cross country season is now in full swing, and I'm anxious to check out what happened over the weekend when I get into work Monday morning. Wisconsin and Stanford look good on the men's and women's side respectively, and I've been very impressed with Josh McDougal. There's a question at Trackshark about how he'll do at the NCAA championships in November. While I think he has a good chance of placing high, I wonder if he's racing too much right now and will be burnt out by November.

Work's been frustrating lately. It's amazing how hard it seems to be for some people to follow simple procedures, such as faxing a copy of an order they placed to me because we handle the billing.

No comments: