August 14, 2007

Maybe I'm Not Over It

Sunday morning I ran 15 miles at Burke Lake. Things did not go as smoothly as they did last time I ran there. I followed the same routine--wake up, eat a bowl of cereal, drive to the park--but did not have the same run. I felt tired during most of the run, and my stomach was acting up, to the point that I had to stop twice for bathroom breaks. But I persevered, and finished the run. The rest of Sunday I spent painting and doing some other things around the house. By late afternoon, I was pretty tired.

Monday I didn't run. J and the boys got back late Sunday night from Long Island, and after being tired from running and painting Sunday I wasn't getting up after only five hours of sleep. Then Monday afternoon, my stomach started acting up again. I don't think I was as over it as I though I was a day or two ago.

This morning I ran six miles. I ran two loops so I wouldn't be too far away from the house in case my stomach bothered me, but it felt fine. Hopefully I'll really be over this bug soon.

No comments: