October 21, 2008

Kid's Race Debacle

Saturday morning J and I took the kids to run their first race. There was a one mile kid's race at the local 5k, and the kids seemed interested when we asked them if they wanted to run a race. I left early to register everyone while J stayed behind to get the kids ready. I should have known there would be trouble when I lost one of the chips, although I'm still not sure why they wanted to use chips for the one-mile kids run.

The race started and j wanted nothing to do with it. He was grumpy since we had to wake him up to get to the race on time. b was having fun, until we were about a half mile in and he fell. He was not happy after that. But we finished the race, and then the kids got to play on the playground, so it wasn't a total loss. I didn't think it would be, but a mile is too far for a three and four year old to run. Next time we'll find a 1k.

As far as my own running, the race with the kids Saturday was all I ran, and then after a late night out Saturday I took Sunday off. Monday and today I ran six miles. This morning was the first morning in a while that I've felt pretty good.

No comments: