October 03, 2008

A Little Discomfort

This morning I ran seven miles again, this time on the path that parallels the parkway. It was another nice chilly morning in the 40s.

Even as I was just beginning to run I had some GI discomfort. I thought about running loops and staying close to home, but then I figured experiencing a little discomfort during training might not be a bad thing and I went out the way I planned. I was fine until I had about two miles left, at which point I needed a quick bathroom break in the woods. Once that was taken care of, I finished up the run without any problems.

I'm still not running as fast as I'd like. I don't want to PR on each run or anything like that, but my easy day pace is slower than it used to be. Thus far I'm chalking it up to the layoff and lack of sleep, but I'm hoping it improves.

No comments: