August 03, 2004

New Shoes, New Shoes

I was planning on doubling today, but decided not to run this morning. I was tired and I heard the rain falling on the roof, so I just stayed in bed. I'll run when I get home from work. I think I'm going to do a tempo run on the bike path.

Hopefully my new shoes will be there when I get home. I had been running in a pair Saucony Grid Azuras because I had read about the benefits of training in lightweight shoes/flats and wanted to give it a try. I've been running in them for about three months and probably have around 700 miles on them. Thursday, my knees were pretty sore for most of my run, and that coupled with the outsole being really worn made me decide I need to get a new pair of shoes. I'm going back to the Saucony Grid Trigon Light. I've been training in one version or another of the Trigons for two years now, and haven't had any complaints.

No comments: