January 04, 2005

Change in Plans

With the new baby on the way, I don't think I'm going to have time to train for a fall marathon. The marathon is not something I want to attempt half-heartedly, so it looks like the earliest I'll be marathoning is the spring of 2006. I can't say I'm terribly disappointed, only somewhat. This just may give me a chance to run the Shamrock Marathon in VA Beach; I've always enjoyed the 8k. I think what I'm going to do is make a half-marathon in July my goal race. It should happen right before the baby's born, so it'll give me some incentive to rest after the birth.

My back's been feeling better. I don't notice it while I'm running, and I've been making sure to stretch after I run. My hamstrings have loosened up as well, leading me to believe that they were a major factor in the back pain.

No comments: