December 30, 2004

Motivation

Why is it that when my schedule is disrupted, I seem to lose all motivation to run? Take for instance Tuesday, when I was at work for an extra hour trying to finish up a job before I left (which didn't happen). When I left, all I wanted to do was go to sleep. Even my wife telling me to run if I wanted to when I called to tell her I'd be home a little late didn't get me out the door. One of my New Year's Resolutions is to make myself get out the door on days like that. There's no other way for me to reach my potential.

My lower back has been acting up the past couple days. I'm not sure what happened, but it's sore, especially when I bend over. I ran yesterday, but only three miles. My lower back was tight, especially going uphill. I did some internet research today and found some things to try. I'm going to take today off and try some of the stretches and exercises and then try running tomorrow. I'll run and do the stretches and exercises and see if that helps.

No comments: