June 07, 2006

Priorities

I haven't slept as much as I'd like the past few nights, so as I was cleaning up after dinner last night I was thinking, when I'm done, I'm going to bed. J was sitting at the table, reading the paper and doing a Sudoku puzzle. I finished cleaning, and told J I was going upstairs. She seemed a little upset about something. I came back downstairs, and we started talking, and the point was she was feeling ignored because after the kids were in bed, all I was concerned with was cleaning up and going to bed myself. She's spends all day with the kids, which while enjoyable is devoid of adult conversation, and then I just want to go to bed so I can get up and run. I felt pretty stupid. Certainly spending some time with my wife is more important than my running.

After last night's late night, I didn't run this morning. Monday and Tuesday were eight and ten miles respectively.

Finally, two random questions:
1. Has anyone ever ordered sunglasses from one of those magazine ads like the one that's in the current issue of Running Times? You only pay postage and handling. I've seen the ads before, but they always struck me as too good to be true. But on the other hand, I think if it was some kind of scam Running Times wouldn't be including them.
2. We've started potty-training Puff. Does anyone have any tips/suggestions to make it go faster/more smoothly? If you don't feel like discussing in the comments, email me. The address is in my profile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. Yes, I've done that before with the sunglasses. The reason it is such a good deal is because you become a walking advertisement for them. It can be a good deal if you happen to get sunglasses that fit your face. If they don't fit, then hey, you are only out the S/H.

2. Try M&Ms. That's how my brother was potty trained. He got an M&M after each time.