August 20, 2006

Not Feeling So Good

Yesterday morning's long run did not go well at all. I felt sore and stiff and considered postponing it until later, but I was giving blood at 12:30 and needed to be done in time to shower and make it there. Plus, I'm sure running an hour or two after you give blood is not recommended. So I ended up running/walking 12 miles, not running 17 like I had planned. Oh well, I know one bad run does not a training program break.

I was probably so sore and tired from my running on Friday. I ran five miles in the morning, and then since I was feeling compulsive, I ran another six in the evening. I took a nap on the bus on the way hone, and if I had been going straight home, probably would not have run. But I had to go to the grocery store to get dinner, so I had time to wake back up and decide to run.

Thursday's race went pretty well, though it became more of a tempo run than a race. J and I were late leaving because we were leaving the kids with her sister and she wanted to give them a bath before we left so all her sister would have to do was put them to bed. I very briefly warmed up, and then the race went off. Though a lap around the lake is 4.5 miles and the race distance was 4.5 miles, the race was not exactly one lap around. It was most of one lap, and a little bit of running on the park roads. I have no idea where the mile marks were, but I finished in 29:13, barely under 6:30 pace, in 19th overall. This race featured some family competitions, father/son, husband/wife etc., and I'm pleased to report than J and I were the winning husband and wife team. Of course she told me, "Now we have to run this race gain next year and defend our title."

No comments: