August 15, 2006

Tired Legs

I took the day off work yesterday to watch the kids while J went to help her sister move. That gave me the opportunity to take the kids and run at Burke Lake Park. The park has a nice shaded trail that runs around the lake, and J usually runs there with the kids twice a week. I was going to run two laps (nine miles), but then B lost his shoes. They're slip-ons that he has figured out he can slip off. I never would have even known they were off except Puff started making noise and I stopped to see what he was fussing about. Then I turned around and ran back the other way to look for the shoes. I found the first one quickly enough, but the second was pretty far back. I went all the way back to where I started, and then a little further down the trail in the opposite direction before turning around and coming back. I ended up with eight miles. In the afternoon, I felt like running a little more, so the kids and I went out on the path for another five miles. The diggers were out working, so that made the kids happy.

This morning I went to the track for some mile repeats. I knew my legs would be tired, but that was kind of the point of running twice yesterday. I did 4 x 1 mile, with each one faster than the previous. The first one was slow, as usual, but after that one I got down a little below marathon pace. With the warmup and cooldown I ran nine miles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, that's amazing. I was out the other night and a woman I was with pointed out their sister to me. The woman, like you guys, runs pushing 2 kids!!! I can't even imagine. Nice work (AND you found the shoes...)