November 03, 2006

Taper, cont.

I'm definitely tapering, though I'm not sure I'm doing it quite right. I ended up only running five days last week and took Monday off this week. I'm not taking the days off on purpose, I'm just not putting in the effort to get out the door. All of my running has been easy, except for the 5k I ran last weekend. I ran 18:45 for 13th overall, and won a $15 Starbucks gift card for my third-place age group finish. I went out in 5:47, then ran 6:17 for the second mile and 6:41 for the last one-point-one miles. The first mile had some downhill and the second mile had an uphill portion and was much more into the wind. In the third mile I caught and passed the second place woman. I was pleased that I was able to pick it up in the last mile, but I wanted to run faster overall.

I'm getting anxious for the marathon. The closer it gets the more nervous I get about it. Of course, I have to make it through this weekend, which includes teaching a religious ed class to a group of 7th grade boys by myself. I think that scares me more than the marathon.

No comments: