November 04, 2006

Coming Out of the Woodwork

I've wanted some training partner(s) for a while now. About two weeks ago, J met a another mom whose husband was looking for the same thing. I'm meeting him tomorrow morning, although we won't actually do much running because he just ran Marine Corps and I'm running Richmond. But after we've recovered, it will be nice to have someone to run with occasionally.

Yesterday I got an email from J about another training partner. The brother of one of her friends is also looking for a training partner. Apparently he finished pretty close to me at the Thursday night race I ran at Burke Lake.

This morning I ran six miles along the Parkway, pushing the kids in the stroller. The first three miles didn't feel too great, but I felt much better after I turned around and was making my way back home.

In other news, this is quite the eventful weekend for me. Last night, I went to the Washington Capitals game thanks to a free ticket a friend of mine had, and tonight J and I are going to see the Barenaked Ladies!

No comments: