December 01, 2006

The Return

I'm trying to get back to running on a consistent basis after the marathon. Originally, that was going to happen last week. A week ago Sunday, J and I went to Burke Lake Park and I finally met one of her friends' husbands, who I am hoping becomes at least a infrequent training partner. However, after that Sunday run things were a little hectic at work and at home since we were going out of town for Thanksgiving, and I didn't run the rest of last week.

We came back home from Thanksgiving on Monday. I ran four miles Tuesday and Wednesday, though about halfway into the run each day I felt a soreness in my groin muscle. I took the day off Thursday, both because I was tired and to hopefully let the muscle get better. This morning I ran five miles, and the soreness was still there, though not as much. I'm stretching the muscle and am going to give it a go for two to three days before I take any more time off. If it doesn't get better by then, I'll rest until it does heal.

No comments: