March 10, 2007

Goose Egg

I didn't run yesterday. I got home late, and I had told J that I would go to the running store and pick up some Shot Blocks for her long run this morning. By the time I went to the running store and got back home, my motivation was waning. I'm more motivated right when I get home. Plus I needed to make dinner for the kids soon, and I was tired, so I just took the day off.

This morning I went to Burke Lake and ran seven miles. J was there doing her long run, so the plan was I would feed the kids breakfast, bring them to the park, run one loop around the lake pushing them in the stroller, and meet J back at the parking lot because by that time she should be done. She'll take the kids home and then I'll run a little more without them. The plan actually worked--I ran 4.5 miles with the kids, and then another 2.5 without. I might have done a little more, but I wasn't feeling too great--my stomach was a little off and even though I got more sleep last night I still felt kind of tired.

I think I'm going to run a race tomorrow. It's 12k that happens to be at Burke Lake Park. I'm planning on running it as a workout, running hard but in control for the first half and then hammering the second half.

No comments: