March 06, 2007

Evaluation

I really haven't done anything fast since the marathon, so Monday I went to the track for a tempo run. The plan was to run hard but in control and let the pace fall where it may. I took the day off Monday due to b having a fever Sunday night, but by 11 am he was feeling better so I headed over to the track. I figured that since school was in session the high school track would be open, and it was. After my two mile warmup, I ran 5000 meters on the track in 19:26. I went out a little fast (6:04 first 1600) and then settled down (the next two 1600s were 6:20 and 6:18, with the last 200 in 44). Overall I'm pleased with the effort.

Today's run was six miles. I would have done a little more if I had more time.

I've had to rethink my goals for the spring. J is coaching not one, not two, but three lacrosse teams. Because of that, I'm going into work very early so I can come home early and watch the kids while she's at practice. I should be able to get out and run every day since I can push the kids in the stroller, but I don't see myself getting many quality workouts pushing 50 lbs. worth of children. I'm simply going to try and run on a consistent basis and stay as fit as possible for when things get back to normal at the end of May.

No comments: