September 04, 2004

Cross Country Season

Fall is my favorite season, not only for the cooler temperatures and multi-colored leaves, but for cross country. Cross country has always been my favorite of the three running disciplines I participate in, evidenced by the fact that I participate in multiple cross country races each year. I'm especially looking forward to this fall because the Pre-ACC and ACC cross country meet are at the University of Maryland in College Park. I'll cheer for my alma mater, despite the fact that they're likely going to be finishing toward the bottom of the standings.

While I'm on the subject of races I'll be attending, hopefully next weekend I'll have a chance to meet Carrie Tollefson. She's the "guest speaker" (I'm not sure exactly what they're calling it) at a race in Maryland. Meeting an Olympic athlete will be a treat.

No comments: