September 23, 2006

The Big Race

Tomorrow I'm running the Parks Half Marathon. I won't lie; I'm disappointed that it's going to be in the seventies and breezy when just two days prior the temperature was in the upper forties. But, there's still no reason I can't have a good race.

Training has gone well over the past few days. I ran on the track again on Wednesday night, five miles at marathon pace. I even started about 45 meters back from the starting line so I would actually run five miles. The track was a popular place to be that night. Not only were there people running and walking, there was a couple taking up the inside three lanes walking their dog. The dog was in lane one. I must have gone around them six or seven times. You'd think they might move after I passed them once or twice. Of course, as soon as I was finished and was leaving the track for my cool down home they left too. The workout ended as five (plus whatever extra distance I ran going around the dog walkers) miles in 34:46.

Thursday morning I ran an easy six miles and yesterday an easy ten. I'm not really tapering for the half. This morning I ran an easy six pushing the kids, with a quick stop at Starbucks for some coffee.

No comments: