September 11, 2006

Vacation

It's hard to be back at work. I spent the last week in Hilton Head, SC, with the wife, kids, and my parents. The week of Labor Day is a great week to go on vacation. You get the beach and the golf course almost to yourself. Everyone had a great time.

I did run while on vacation, all of it with J. It was nice to be able to leave the kids with their grandparents and go run. I didn't run Saturday or Sunday, though. We left Hilton Head after dinner Friday night and didn't get home until almost 4 am, which was the plan since it meant the kids slept almost the whole way home, but it only left me with three hours of sleep that night. I took a nap Saturday afternoon and was able to play softball Saturday night, though. J was exhausted Saturday as well as a little bitter since I took a nap and played softball Saturday night, so I decided I take Sunday off too unless I had a really good opportunity to run. Between the kids' naps and taking them to a local park for the "Touch-A-Truck" event, the opportunity never came.

This morning I ran nine miles; eight miles out and back on the Parkway and the I added a mile around the house. After a slow start the pace came down and I had a good run.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the new blog look! welcome back!

Unknown said...

Thanks Audrey. I would have kept the old template, but it's not compatible with the new beta version of blogger.