October 03, 2006

My Aching Leg

I can't wait until my leg gets better. I didn't hurt it running, though. I tore it up sliding into third base at my softball game Saturday night. It's not keeping me from running, but the scrape is pretty good sized and still tender to the touch.

Last week became an unintentional cutback week. I didn't run Wednesday or Thursday. Friday I ran 10, and Saturday only three. Sunday morning, though I ran 19 miles, my longest run to date. I thought I'd be running in the rain, but luckily the rain stopped about five minutes into the run. I ran 15 miles before I took a GU, and I do think it helped me maintain my pace for those last four miles. So far this week I've run eight and 11 miles.

My plan is for this week and next week to be high-mileage (70-75), take a cutback week, and then run one more high-mileage week before I start the taper.

No comments: