October 09, 2006

I'm a Wimp

A summary of my last few days of running:
TH-0 miles
F-10 miles
SA-0 Miles
SU-6 miles
M-7 miles

As you can see from the numbers, my training is not going the way I planned, though it's no one's fault other than my own. Thursday my lack of sleep caught up with me, and I slept in rather than run. Friday's run was fine, other than the rain and wind. Saturday was disappointing. I wanted to run long, but just felt groggy all day and never made it out the door. Sunday I watched J run the Army 10-miler with 23,999 other people and then ran six in the afternoon. I took advantage of my day off today and took the kids to Burke Lake, where we ran seven miles on the trails. While I'm not worried about finishing my marathon, I know there are many things I can improve for my next one.

No comments: