October 27, 2005

Doubts

I'm not sure about trying to run a marathon this spring. It's not something I want to go into unprepared, and lately I've been feeling like that's what is going to happen. B's still not 100%. He has good days and bad days, and the bad days stress J out, which in turn stresses me out. It doesn't help that everyone's been sick recently either. All this has caused me to miss some runs.

So I'm leaning toward just run-as-run-can until B gets a little older and his eating habits improve. That way, I won't be stressed out about trying to train for anything. If I can run more than I think, great. If not, so what? Then when everything settles down, I can reevaluate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only fools rush in. Sounds like a run of bad luck lately, and I'm sorry to hear about it. Your idea of not putting an immediate timetable on your next marathon sounds sensible to me, given the circumstances. If the running does go well there are some good late spring marathons, Vermont City Marathon Memorial Day weekend and Rock'n'Roll San Diego the weekend after in June. In seven months things could be much different. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'll reevaluate in a few months. I think I'm leaning toward a fall marathon, there's a few more choices around VA. As much as I'd like to travel, I don't think it's in the budget right now.