October 25, 2005

Miserable

The best word to describe the conditions during my run today was miserable. The temperature was in the mid-40s, the wind was blowing, and it was raining. However, I was determined to run, especially since I hadn't the past two days. I ran out the Parkway, since I figured it was the safest route in the dark and rain. Two minutes into the run I was cold and wet. The out portion of the run was into the wind, leaving me wet and cold. Originally I planned on running eight miles, but I felt so bad going out that I turned around early. Going back was better. The wind was at my back, so I actually warmed up somewhat. I felt good enough to add some loops around the house to get me to eight miles for the day.

Despite the poor conditions for today's run, what happened after I got home was worse. I was in the unfinished section of the basement, getting out of my wet clothes. I was standing up, pulling off one of my socks when I lost my balance and hopped forward. We recently replaced our fridge, and the old one is in the basement, with the metal shelves on the floor. The old refrigerator was in my path, and I sliced my big toe on one of the shelves. It's not quite as bad as it sounds, but it has caused some discomfort when I walk.

No comments: