February 24, 2006

Keeping it Up

Despite a poor start to the week, my running has gone well. I feel like I'm getting into the groove and my training is becoming more enjoyable and less like work.

Monday's seven miles were unpleasant. I was tired and cranky, and my stomach woes continued. I had planned on a few more miles, but seven was enough. Tuesday and Wednesday were both 10 miles, out and back along the Parkway. Thursday I was feeling the effects of the past two days, especially Wednesday because B is teething and did not sleep well Tuesday night. I just ran an easy seven miles, which brings us to today. Today was another 10 mile day. I ran my new neighborhood loop and instead of turning left to go home and end with seven miles, went straight and got in three more.

The plan for this weekend is 13-15 miles Saturday, hopefully with some faster-paced running sprinkled in, and then maybe 8-10 miles Sunday.

No comments: