February 27, 2006

Weekend/Monday Recap

I got the running in over the weekend that I planned on. Saturday's run was just over 14 miles, averaging 7:30 pace. I was going to run in the morning, but B was up before my alarm went off, and by the time he went back to sleep that's all I wanted to do. I ran in the late afternoon, when it was sixty degrees with a slight breeze. Most likely it was because I ran in the afternoon and had eaten more beforehand, but I didn't feel like I was running on fumes quite as much this time.

The nice weather Saturday was in sharp contrast to the weather Sunday, when it was in the thirties and windy. I made up my own loop, and ended with eight miles. My legs were sore but loosened up for the last two or three miles. The worse part was my stomach, since I ate a big brunch too close to running.

This morning was another eight miles. I was a liitle concerned with some pain I felt in my shin, but it went soon after it came, so I'm not too worried. I'll see if I feel anything tomorrow morning.

No comments: