May 10, 2006

4:24

It sucks when you wake up a few minutes before your alarm is going to go off. You can't go back to sleep because of the anxiety of the impending alarm, but you don't want to get up just yet either.

Despite the alarm problem, I had a good run this morning. I ran ten miles, in a combination of two loops. I had one of those runs where it just flew by. So far this week I've run ten miles three days in a row, putting me right on schedule for my goal of 50 miles from Mon-Fri. A long run Saturday and then whatever I feel like Sunday should give me a good total for the week.

A question: if you wanted to ask someone if the Metro train you were on went to a certain stop, and there were a bunch of people around you, why would you ask the guy wearing headphones, who probably can't hear you anyway? I was on my way home from work, listening to my iPod, when I was asked the question. I think she asked twice before I could stop the music and could hear what she was saying, but then I could understand her because of her heavy accent. Eventually, she appeared to get frustrated and turned away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really, you should get some sort of award for getting up that early :)

Anonymous said...

I wish it weren't the case, but I pretty much have to get up that early if I want to get in the mileage I want to, and go to work, and get home at a resonable hour.