May 16, 2006

A Kick in the Butt

Every once in a while I need a swift kick in the butt to keep me on track, to keep me moving toward my goal. I need someone to drag me out the door, to say "Come on, we're going running."

After a good M-F's worth of running, where I did get my 50 miles in, I fell apart over the weekend. Saturday I ran six miles pushing the kids, and then Sunday I didn't run. Both days I chose sleeping in instead of running. I probably could have gotten a run in Sunday, but with the changing Mother's Day plans I didn't know exactly what we were doing until it was too late.

Monday morning came too early, and while I did get up and start my run, I didn't make it very far before deciding to bag it and head back home. I was still tired, and my legs felt heavy and stiff. I got back into bed and slept for another hour.

Today I ran 10 miles that went pretty well. Tomorrow's the big day, Fitness Day, where the agency I work for holds running/walking events on the track of the school that's next to our building. Two years ago I won the two-mile, and last year I came in third. This year I hope to reclaim my title.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's kind of exciting..a work race...good luck!!! I totally dig that they have fitness day.