May 16, 2007

Fitness Day

Today was my agency's annual Fitness Day, which takes place at the track of the high school I work next to. There are walking and running events, as well as some kind of aerobics. I ran in the two-mile run and the one-mile relay, and also participated in the two-mile walk since one of my co-workers asked.

Last year I won the two-mile in something like 12:40. Since last year, though, the two other runners who finished close to me have left the agency for other jobs. This year I ran solo to victory in 13:24. After the two-mile was the one mile relay. Because of the space the track is in, it's 1/5 of a mile instead of 1/4. Each member of the relay team runs one lap. I led of and split :58, which works out to between and 72 and 73 second quarter.

Tuesday I ran a little less than three miles pushing the kids. I got a little frustrated with the canopy of the stroller because it wasn't staying in place and cut the run a little short.

No comments: