May 15, 2007

If You Learn One Thing from Adam Goucher...

While Adam Goucher was still training in Colorado under Mark Wetmore, there were rumors that he hurt his back moving rocks in Wetmore's yard. Both of them were chastised for it, in typical letsrun.com fashion. Last night, I found myself in a similar situation.

Our backyard had a little fenced-off section for the air conditioner. There were some little decorative rocks put in too. The weekend before last, I took out the fence and rocks so I could have a little area for gardening. j has been interested in it lately, so we got some seeds to plant. We advertised the rocks on freecycle, and someone actually wants them. Last night I was moving them from the backyard to the front so she could pick them up, and I tweaked something in my lower back, right in the middle above my butt. It's not too bad, but I can feel it when I bend over. Walking around doesn't bother it, so I'm going to try running this afternoon.

Yesterday I ran four miles at the park pushing the kids, and Sunday I ran five miles. I'm getting back to normal and will be increasing the miles over the next few weeks.

Speaking of Adam Goucher, there's some interesting info about he and his wife Kara at Nike Running.

No comments: