May 31, 2007

A Kick in the Butt

After a decent start to my running at the end of lacrosse, I slacked off a little. I allowed one day off last week to snowball into five. The family and I did go camping over Memorial Day weekend, but I still could have fit my runs in. I gave myself a little motivational speech about my goals, a kick in the butt to get me back out the door. Richmond is not tomorrow, but I don't have that much time. Thus far this week I've run five miles Tuesday and seven yesterday and today.

Quick question about marathon training plans: I've looked at Pfitz's 70 mpw plan, and while it maxes out at 70, it does start at less than that. If I'm averaging mileage over what the plan starts out with (still iffy at this point) should I drop back down or pick up the plan at the week where the mileage matches up with mine and maybe repeat weeks?

No comments: