March 16, 2005

Hill Work

This morning I did my first hill workout of the year. It was actually my first workout of the year other than the three races I've run. The workout was simple: just go up the hill and then come back down. The hill I ran was the parking lot for the soccer fields for the library/fitness center complex near my house. It's probably about 400 meters long, gradual at the bottom but steeper at the top. I did six repeats at maybe 10k pace, which along with my warm up and cool down gave me about 7 miles for the day. I would have done a few more, but I had to meet my carpool early. One of my coworkers moved down near me and I've been carpooling with them to work. She had an early meeting this morning, so she wanted to make sure she got in early enough.

Yesterday I ran my 10 mile loop. It was fairly uneventful, except that I was concerned about getting back late, so I picked up the pace a bit. In other news, I found out the the course for the Frozen Slopes race was long, so my performance was a little better than I thought. There's also some pics of the race at this site.

No comments: