March 11, 2005

Tired

I felt pretty sore and tired for this morning's run, especially in my calves. This was likely due to yesterday's run. Yesterday I did another 10 miles. I didn't sleep too well the night before because J. was sick. She was still awake and watching TV when I went to sleep, and she woke me up when she got into bed. I wasn't sure how much I'd feel like running or if I'd need to take a break during my run, so I did some loops close to my house. I felt good enough to do ten miles, so that's what I did.

This morning, I had eight miles planned, but only did seven. I just never really woke up, and my calves were sore. I slept all night last night, just not long enough. I briefly thought about staying in bed, but I got up after a minute or so.

The first cross country race in my club's series is this Sunday. It should be fun. We're supposed to get a little snow Saturday. This is the third year they've had this race; the first year it was scheduled in February, since then it's been in March. Of course, when it was in February, the race had to be postponed until March because it was the weekend after the President's day blizzard that dumped two and a half feet of snow on us.

No comments: