March 09, 2005

Update

I really need to try and update my blog regularly; otherwise, what's the point in keeping one? My training's been rather sporadic lately. J., Puff, and I have all been sick twice with some kind of stomach bug. Thankfully the second time around the illness was not as severe.

This morning I did 10 miles. It's really nice that the sun is coming up as I finish up my runs. It's a nice change from running in the dark all the time. I ran one of my eight mile loops and added on a two mile segment at the end to get to 10 miles for the day. The two mile segment goes in part on the trails behind the fitness center/library complex. I'm looking forward to all the snow and ice being gone so I can do some speedwork back there. Speaking of snow and ice, the freak weather that dropped temperatures almost 30 degrees yesterday and brought snow to northern VA left parts of my run kind of icy, but there was only one patch where I really felt like I was going to slip.

Work is going to only get busier in the next few weeks. One of the programs I work with has had its dollar limit increased, so we have to let everyone know, and then brace for the surge in orders that will come in. I'm not looking forward to it.

No comments: