March 19, 2005

Sick

I have a cold. At least my sore throat is pretty much gone though. Thursday night I came down with the sore throat, and then yesterday I got the runny nose and cough. I don't think it made a difference in my race today, though.

Today was the Super Sligo 4 mile race. It says four miles, but it's actually 4.1 or 4.2, as the start and finish of the two-loop course are not located in the same place. The race was late getting started to begin with because the kid's mile took longer than expected. The race starts on a path maybe three or four people wide, so it would not be a good idea to run toward all the kids. I just stood around, but should have jogged a bit to stay warm. I didn't feel good during the race until it was almost over, but at least I passed a few people in the last mile and a half or so. I ran 24:48 to finish in 14th place overall; I'm not sure how I did in my age group.

Yesterday I ran nine miles. I ran one of my normally eight-mile loops and added on some distance by running back on the trail rather than straight back to the house. Despite the fact that I slept well, I still was pretty tired when I woke up. I briefly considered staying in bed, but once I started running I woke up.

No comments: