July 12, 2006

Bad Run

Today's run was memorable for all of the wrong reasons. I was tired, sore, and just didn't plain feel good. I wanted to run eight to ten miles, but ended up with just five. When I woke up five minutes before my alarm went off this morning, I thought about going back to sleep and running in the evening. But with J's lacrosse game tonight, that wasn't a good option. So I got up and ran.

I ran on the bike path along the parkway, which isn't quite as nice as it usually is since there is some construction going on along the road it parallels. The worst part is that there is a jersey wall blocking the crosswalk, so I actually have to go down the road away from the path to cross and cross a six-lane road in the middle of the road. Luckily, there's not much traffic at 5 am. I felt bad the whole run, especially my stomach, and actually ended up walking a little. I think I'm coming down with a cold too. I'm going to try to get a good night's sleep tonight and I'll see how I feel tomorrow morning.

No comments: