July 17, 2006

Feeling Good

I didn't sleep too well last night, so when I woke up this morning I didn't know quite how my run would feel. It turns out that I felt pretty good, other than some tight calves for the last two or three miles.

I ran 10 miles on the Parkway. Since everyone else seems to be talking about the weather, it was warm and humid as usual in July in Virginia. I definitely felt the need for some water over the last few miles. Tomorrow I'm planning on another fartlek workout.

I'm going to need new shoes soon and am really leaning toward trying training in flats. I'm light (140 lbs) and consider myself efficient. My big concern is switching from the Brooks Glycerin, my current training shoe, to something lighter, would be too big of a shock. Maybe I need to switch more gradually, go to a lightweight trainer first?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to getting back to 10 miles in the next couple weeks. I hear you about VA summer weather. I've taken to running early in the morning most days. (My wife likes my free time in the evenings.)

Best of luck...