July 11, 2006

Speed Play

This morning I ran the fartlek workout that I mentioned yesterday. I warmed up just over two miles, and then ran 2 min on/2 min off until I had run seven miles total, and then cooled down a mile. I ended up running 9 repeats over the five miles. The plan for today was just to get the legs used to running a faster pace again.

The workout went all right. I think the biggest problem was that I ran the recoveries too slow. I was a little tired to begin with, but sometimes I felt like I was going so slow I might as well be walking during the recoveries. The other problem is that my watch no longer beeps. I set the timer to count down and repeat every two minutes, but instead of beeping the Indigo flashes when the timer gets to zero. I had to constantly look at my watch to see how much time I had left. The battery was recently replaced. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

uhhh, new watch??
Sorry I couldn't resist.

Anonymous said...

Same problem with my old Nike watch. I tried to get it fixed but that led to more frustration. In the end I just bought a new watch. :) Glad to hear you are feeling better!