July 16, 2006

Wanted: Recovery

I don't know exactly what the deal is, but the day after both my workout and race this week I've felt terrible and because of that not run very much. Friday night I ran the Bastille Day 4-Miler in 26:10. It wasn't quite what I was hoping for, but all in all not a bad effort in temperatures and humidity near 90. As you can see from the splits--6:21, 6:25, 6:45, and 6:36--I definitely faded at the end. Overall, I was 29th out of I don't know how many since the results haven't been posted yet.

Saturday morning I went out to run a little after 10. I was just so tired that I only ended up running three miles. I got about eight hours sleep, so I don't think my problem is sleep related. If anything, I think it's food related. The race started at seven and afterwards I didn't eat anything until I got home about nine. I wonder if that gap has something to do with my tiredness. I've also had this nagging sensation in my stomach that hasn't gone away for a few days. I wouldn't call it pain, but I don't know what it is.

No comments: