July 23, 2007

Commit

If I want to be the best I can be, I have to commit to it. There's no way that I can get anywhere near my running potential otherwise.

Saturday I ran five miles with the kids, including a stop at the playground to swing on the swings and feed the geese that live in the pond. That night, J and I went to Richmond to see Reel Big Fish and Less Than Jake. It was an early birthday present for me. The show was great, but we didn't get home until almost 1 AM. I didn't get up and run, and I took a nap in the afternoon, so that gave me a big fat zero for the day.

This morning I ran eight miles, out and back along the parkway. I felt OK, but my lower back was a little tight when I woke up and stayed tight as I ran. The pain behind my knee that I mentioned a few days ago has disappeared.

Formal marathon training starts in a week. Commit.

No comments: