July 16, 2007

Ouch the Chafing

This weekend went well, both running and non-running wise. I ran seven miles easily on Saturday. It was starting to get warm, and I was feeling it during the run. I tried to make sure I got enough to drink over the rest of the day. Sunday morning I ran 15 at Burke Lake, which is three loops of the trail. I felt great and probably could have gone a little further, but recently the longest I'd gone before Sunday was 11 miles, and I didn't want to push it too much. The only problem was the chafing. Part of my legs were pretty raw and even bled a little by the end of the run.

Other than the running, I spent the weekend partying and working on the house. Saturday I went to two parties--a birthday party for friends of j and b, and a graduation/new job party for my sister-in-law. Sunday afternoon I put another coat of paint on the front door and helped put in the new doorbell.

The end of last week was OK. Eight miles on Wednesday, nothing Thursday, and ten miles on Friday.

No comments: