August 17, 2005

Getting My Legs Back

I've actually run the last six days in a row. Things have settled down a bit at home with B. He's begun to get into a routine. Basically he goes down between 10 and 11, wakes up once during the night, and then wakes up around 7 or 8 in the morning. Friday I was ambitious and did six miles, the longest I've run since I decided to take a break. Saturday morning I felt pretty tired, but still managed four miles. Sunday I ran on the in-laws treadmill. My wife, sisters-in-law and I got it for them as a Christmas gift last year as a way to encourage them to exercise. Monday I managed another four miles, and then Tuesday and today I did five miles.

I'm feeling like I'm getting back into my routine. The last two mornings I've felt pretty strong. Over the next few weeks I'll ramp up the mileage. I'm aiming for a period of at least a few weeks at 70-80 mpw before I get into the official marathon training phase.

No comments: