August 02, 2005

A Whole New World

Life with two kids is certainly different from life with only one. The only time you get a break is when they're sleeping, and by that point you just want to sleep too. I wouldn't trade it for anything, though.

Yesterday was the first day I ran since B was born. I'm still taking it easy, and Puff and I did four miles. I still wasn't back at work yesterday either, so we ran at about 11 am. After a little break this past weekend, the heat and humidity are on their way back. I only ran for a little more than a half-hour and was soaked by the time I finished.

Today I did go back to work. I'm easing in, only working two days this week. I ran a little this morning before work, but only twenty-two minutes and change. I don't know what was up with my stomach, but it didn't feel good and caused me to cut the run short. I was surprised I wasn't more tired, given my lack of quality sleep over the past few days. Not only do we have a new baby, but he has jaundice and we've been waking up to feed him every two to three hours to make sure he gets enough to eat.

2 comments:

A said...

Somehow, you'll get through it. And when you do, you'll be a helluva lot stronger. Something about being a parent that gives people an ability to get through it all--even on 3 hours of sleep.

I do wish the weather would ease up, though. VA's had a brutally humid summer so far.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I know I'll get through it. It's already a little better now that we don't have to wake B up to eat and he can wake up on his own when he's hungry.

I can't wait for the weather to ease up either.