August 24, 2005

Partying Hard

I need to amend my statement from yesterday's post. It should be: This evening, I plan on as much partying as two small children and my half-awake state and my in-laws will allow.

My in-laws came over for dinner last night, because J invited them and because they had gifts. We had Emeril's Ka-Bam kabobs and corn on the cob for dinner, which was followed by the opening of presents. I got some good stuff; among other things I got a subscription to Track and Field News, a technical running shirt, running socks, and an iTunes gift certificate. We had cake and ice cream after that, and then J surprised me by saying we were leaving the kids with the grandparents and going to a movie.

We saw Red Eye, which I thought was pretty good. It was interesting and suspenseful. I'd give it three out of four stars. I didn't get to bed too late, but B was up twice during the night, so I didn't run this morning. I figure I'll just play it by ear and run when I get the chance until B's sleep habits improve.

No comments: