August 29, 2005

More Running

Not only did I make it out for a run Saturday, I also made it out Sunday. I ran seven miles again, this time along the Parkway. The weather was drastically different. It went from being cool and drizzly to sunny, warm, and humid. The electronic billboard at the stadium said it was 87 degrees as I ran by. Earlier Sunday I read an article about a local man who had run Badwater and how the extreme heat along the course was magnified by the pavement. I guess it was due to the change in the weather, but I couldn't stop thinking about how the heat radiating off the pavement was making it feel warmer than 87. The run itself was only OK. I ran for just over 56 minutes, but for maybe 15 or 20 minutes there in the middle I felt like the heat was getting to me and maybe I should stop. Then the sun went behind a cloud and I started to feel better. That, or I just got acclimated.

B didn't sleep terribly well last night, but I felt good enough to run an easy five miles this morning. Likely because the 14 miles I ran over the weekend was more than I had done in a little while, my legs were tired. I'll try to be more consistent using the Stick and hope that loosens up the muscles.

No comments: